The fast food industry focuses on high volume, low cost and high speed food. This potent combo has resulted in a massive whose impact on consumer behavior, , and food supply can be seen in every corner of the globe.
A list of 10 stunning facts about the fast food industry
1. The global fast food industry is worth $574 billion. That would make it the 27th richest country in the world.
2. At times, turned away more applicants than Harvard, with the estimating that one in every eight American workers has been employed by ‘s.’s has
3. One beef patty can contain meat from 55 to over 1,000 cattle from five different countries.
4. When KFC first translated the slogan “finger lickin’ good” into Chinese, it came out as “eat your fingers off”. Despite this, they are the largest restaurant chain in China, and the country’s most powerful foreign brand in 2013.
5. Taco Bell failed twice in the Mexican market, with theadvertising their food as “authentic American food” in its second attempt.
6. 1% of the world’s population every day, and the sells 75 hamburgers per second.‘s serves
7. 50 million eat at fast food restaurants daily, which is more than the entire population of .
8. Prices of soft drinks are marked up by at least 1,200%. In the UK, the syrup in a 75¢ cup of coke costs only 5¢. French fries are usually marked up by 500%.
9. Kids between the ages of 6 and 14 eat fast food 157,000,000 times every month, with preschoolers seeing 2.8 fast food advertisements per day.
10. While the average wage in the U.S. fast food industry is $12,869, the averagegenerated per is $52,290.