Deep listening is much more than hearing – it is a skill as important as speaking and a vital part of communication. On this episode of The Family Business Voice, Oscar Trimboli speaks to Ramia about his five rules of deep listening.
– Oscar’s first rule is preparatory. Clear your mind so you are available to listen.
– His second rule involves removing distractions – cell phones, laptops and tablets have no place in deep listening.
– Oscar’s third rule helps with concentration – take 3 deep breaths.
– His fourth rule is to drink water – a hydrated mind is a listening mind.
– Oscar’s final rule is to listen to what is unsaid to gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of what the speaker wants to say.
Also, read the full article here.